Sunday, 2 February 2014

Week of training Sunday January 26th - Saturday February 1st

Back again for the weekly update!

I hope everyone had a good week/weekend. I had a good week in training the past 7 days and enjoyed taking 2 rest days just to put a little pop back in the legs for the hypothermic half marathon which I ran this morning. I'll do a full race recap this week and break down my splits and what not. I was really happy with the effort. The course as you can see is measured as 21.55km http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6077673 which is almost 500m long. But I had an awesome race and the organizers did a super job putting off the event!

I'm pretty banged up right now and tired so I'll just do my weekly training update. On Monday or Tuesday when I do my race recap I'll post a few paragraphs on training and include some race footage and video. Shout out to Jeremiah for the help he gave me with workouts for the half. I felt ready to run it hard after doing some pretty intense sessions that he prescribed and they certainly paid off. Thanks man!

Sneak peak of race finish - http://instagram.com/p/j68P2yrXRJ/

And here's a clip from the start. More to come this week.



This week in training


Sunday

Workout - 3X2miles @ 5:00/mile pace with 1:45 recovery (400m's). This was a really good session. It had to be done on the treadmill on account of the bad weather but I used a 1.5% incline to account for that to make sure the effort was there.

12 miles with workout - AM
8 miles - PM

Monday

10 miles easy - AM
10 miles - PM

Tuesday

Workout - 5 mile tempo @ 5:00/mile pace on the treadmill. This was a session Jeremiah suggested to work on my turnover and run a hard tempo effort. I didn't use any incline on the treadmill so the effort was 5:12/mile but I was really happy with the session it was a hard workout and the last 7ish minutes I was in the hurt locker.

14 miles with workout - AM
7 miles - PM

Wednesday

10 miles easy - AM
10 miles - PM

Thursday

OFF - AM
OFF - PM

Friday

13 miles - AM
OFF - PM

Saturday

OFF - AM
OFF - PM


So as you can see it was a bit of a lower week mileage wise but I still managed 2 great workouts and 94 miles so I would be fresh for today's race. I'll do a full race recap/report on Monday or Tuesday so look for that.

Also quick note, Saucony just dropped some really awesome new updates on us! Yesterday the new Type A6, Mirage 4 and Virrata 2 came out. 3 AMAZING pairs of footwear, so be sure to check those out and give them a try when you get the chance!






Well that's it for this week! Look for my race report tomorrow or Tuesday and some tips/information on heart rate training!

Thanks as always fine people
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't loose"
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment