Thursday, 8 May 2014

New Sponsor Announcement.

Hey friends,

I hope your week is going well and everyone is training hard. Did you all get to catch the Payton Jordan Cardinal invitational last weekend? Holy cow what a great meet. Our boy Cam Levins did most of the work in the men's 10km to secure himself the Commonwealth Games A standard of sub 27:40 running 27:36 like it was nothing....he ran the first 5km in the pack nice and controlled in 14:00 then came back with a 13:36 like it was no big deal. Such a stud. The fast heat of the 5000m was incredible too. Sacuony runner Ben True took the scalps of all the Bowerman Track Club runners. It was awesome to watch. Shout out to Luc Bruchet in the second heat of the 5000m He ran 13:33 a new PR and took the win. This kid is legit man, look for him in the next couple years to be making some big waves.



Anyway as I mentioned in my last post I've been speaking with another company. Now that the contract is signed I wanted to let you all know about it. I'm stoked to announce a partnership with Smith Optics. Smith is such a rad and cutting edge company that makes some of the best eyewear around, as well as some cool apparel, goggles, helmets etc. I'm so happy and proud to be part of the Smith Optics family and look forward to promoting and wearing some of the dopest shades around. They make amazing glasses for endurance sports like running and triathlon as well as really nice casual sunglasses for everyday wear.

So I just want to thank Andrew over at Smith Optics for everything and obviously also say a big thank you to my footwear and apparel sponsor Saucony for their support and allowing me to form this partnership as well. I'm proud and honoured to be teamed with such amazing companies!

Alright folks, well I've got a 10km this weekend and then a 3000m track race at the first Twilight Meet up at Pearlgate next Wednesday evening. So it's time to rest my legs and get ready to throw down.

The weekly update will be up on Sunday with JJ's Wrap Up, see you then,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment