Thursday, 7 August 2014

Swiftwick Compression Socks Review

Hey friends,

I wanted to write a quick post talking about a great product that I was sent by a company called Swiftwick. They are a company that specializes in all different types of socks for multiple sports. The PR team over at Swiftwick got in touch with me and asked if I'd be interested in trying them out. I of course said yes and had some of the knee high full compression run socks sent my way.




The model that I found to be fantastic during runs to save the legs from the beating of hard workouts or long runs as well as recovery are called the Aspire. They fit true to size and have a very snug fit. It reminded me of the same type of really tight medical grade compression that I find in CEP. 

The socks didn't fall down and they breath very well even in this hot summer we have been having. What I really enjoyed was the quality of the fabric that is used. You can tell it's top notch. It's advertised as "The ASPIRE™ Line is thin and light for serious runners and cyclists, yet still perfect for athletes of any sport. Our Managed Compression™ prevents bunching and hot spots by supporting all 3 arches in the foot. Our Linked-Toe technology prevents blisters by eliminating bunching in the toe-box. The result is a sock designed to fit your feet perfectly while helping you do what moves you."  

I feel that's a fair break down of the sock and the "Managed Compression" does feel really comfy. It's not only a really good sock for your runs but also for use in recovery. Personally that's where I use compression the most. After my run is over to get the blood flow going quickly and help rid my legs of the buildup of toxins/acid that come with fatigue after intense long runs and workouts.

Swiftwick also makes some other great products in the compression game like their compression arm sleeve and other garments. Head on over to their site and check out their socks. One cool thing is the sock of the month club! Check it out here - http://www.swiftwick.com/psotm-77-ctg.htm 


Alright friends that's it for me until Sunday. I'm back at the hard workouts and just finished a nice hard one at lunch with my boy Jason White!

Stay after it,
Dave

1 comment:

  1. I wore compression socks when I had a DVT and it sure helped my leg feel less tired when I was on my feet a lot. I used them cycling during that time and it did seem to make a differance.


    Edema Socks

    ReplyDelete