Monday, 10 November 2014

Week of training Monday November 2ed - Sunday November 9th + JJ's Weekly Training Wrap Up

Hey friends, I hope your all doing well. First let me just say that you might notice I'm tracking my weeks Monday - Sunday now rather then Sunday - Saturday. I first started tracking mileage/weeks of training through my garmin and that used to have weeks that began on Sunday. But JJ sent me my first month of training and he has it broken down on a spread sheet from Monday - Sunday so that's why you see that in the heading. Anyway. I'm back training with purpose and am enjoying having the structure. My easy running is much quicker then it's been before but my miles are lower so I'm hoping I'll be able to keep things rolling and when the real hard sessions come around the fitness will make a big jump.

Before I jump into JJ's recap on his training and my own I just wanted to send a big thank you out to Saucony for the continued support. I got an awesome care package of fall running apparel last week. The new stuff they have out in fantastic. I especially love the Saucony Razor Jacket. It's completely wind/waterproof and fits amazing. Also the Nomad series of jackets and 3/4 zips are awesome too for our cold winters. I'll jump on later this week and give a review of their new apparel and some pieces that are must haves for this winter.


JJ's Weekly Training Wrap Up



JJ had an awesome week and seems to really be coming into form. I was blown away by those 2 mile repeats he ran.....so fast. He's going to kill his first indoor meet.


Monday - 18.1km in 66 minutes felt pretty good.
Tuesday - 4 km warm up with drills and strides. 7.7km tempo run at 446 mile pace on the treadmill Over 5 km warm down.
Wednesday - 18.1km easy in 69 minutes.felt good.
Thursday - 17km in 66 minutes.
Friday - 17.1km in 66 minutes. Getting ready for tomorrow.
Saturday - 4.5km warm up with drills and strides. 3x2miles on the road loop with 2 minutes rest. 941 939 935. Felt pretty good the whole time until the last mile of the last interval. Great session. 4.5km warm down
Sunday - got in 24.5km in horrible rain and windy conditions. Felt brutal the whole time. 1:40 total


My Week in Training,


Monday

10.1 miles at 6:12 pace run in 62:54 - AM 
OFF - PM

Tuesday

10 miles on the treadmill at 6:00 pace run in 60:00 then 10X100m in 13/14 seconds with 100m jog recovery on the indoor track - AM
Core work and hip mobility drills - PM

Wednesday

12.14 miles steady state at 5:51/mile pace. The run took just over 70 minutes - AM
OFF - PM

Thursday

10.11 miles easy at 6:31/mile pace in 65:54 done on the trails - AM
OFF - PM

Friday

10.21 miles at 6:16 pace in 63:56 then 10X100m with 100m jog recovery all in 13-14 seconds - AM
45 minutes in the pool - PM

Saturday

10.13 miles easy at 6:22 pace before the CIS Champs in 64:42 - AM
OFF/running around the golf course for about 5km - PM

Sunday

12.03 miles steady state 5:54/mile pace. just over 71 minutes - AM
Core/plyometrics and 15 minutes skipping - PM


OK folks so that was my week, it was about 78.3 miles with the strides and everything in there. Much less then before but the average pace of the week was 6:17/mile and that's about 45 seconds faster then it used to be. So the key here is quality. The workouts will be introduced in a couple weeks so I'm looking forward to that. And I've got my first double on the books tomorrow. I'm pumped to get things going as I feel super strong right now.

Stay locked and thanks for stopping by!
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment